Friday, August 03, 2007

In the Village: The Manor House


This is the Manor House. I am told it is not very big as manor houses go; I think it looks like just the right size, sort of cozy.

The Croquet Lawn. One day I will have a croquet lawn. Chances are that it will not be emerald green if I have it in Texas.

A hidden statue peeping out from a curious bush. What plant is that, anyway? Wish I'd thought to ask Aunt D about it--she knows all the plants.

I am sure that under this stone there are steps that lead to the dungeon. I am sure that the dungeon is damp, if not outright wet with several inches of water, and contains several chained-up people in agony.

This dog is one of a pair on either side of a gate leading from the Mount Garden into a field of sheep. The Mount Garden is what the Croquet Lawn leads to.

No comments: