Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Elusive Bobwhite Eludes Me

That says it all, I guess. ;-)

However, I can always say more! Only once before have I heard a bobwhite at our house. It was funny, because I knew instantly what it was—Trixie Belden fans will understand. This morning, I heard one again, right outside the window. After the second or third cry, I grabbed the camera and headed outside. Nothing. Then I heard it far down the hill. I went back inside. Soon thereafter, I heard it again, right outside the window. I grabbed the camera and headed outside. Nothing. Then I heard it far down the hill. I went back inside. This happened about 6 times; finally I gave up. But one day I will find it!

This post is dedicated to Amber!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

bob-white! bob-white!

Kaila said...

Gosh, Honey! Do you think one of the boys is in trouble? Say, where's Bobby? You don't think he got into that green Buick with the suspicious-looking character driving it, do you? Gleeps! Moms and Dad are never going to let me go on that special paid-for-by-your-rich-parents vacation now. Oh, woe! What am I going to do?