Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Century Plant


I've been meaning to photograph this for ages and finally did today on the way back from the river. It's outside our neighbors P & A's second gate. Gorgeous! Interestingly, it bloomed a bit later than the ones I've seen in town, and has lasted quite a long time, too.

Misc notes from the rest of the day:
There are five scrub teens, not four! Saw 'em all this a.m. at the feeder. And two titmice babies, not one, in case I hadn't noted that already; saw a cardinal baby for the first time this morning, and there are also a dove youngun or two and finch babies—no telling how many with the finches; they are hard enough to tell apart when it's even just the grownups.

Finally...happy grandmotherhood to my dear friend C! Many readers (ha! as if I have "many". OK then, Some) will know who she is. She's the one who will object to the English punctuation there at the end quote and period.

And this is IT...I'm packed and headed across the pond in the morning!

No comments: