Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Alternate Woodie


We think our baby woodpecker has been born and is now out and about! I keep seeing a strangely darkish Woodie, who hangs out at the Woodie tree and stays pretty close to home, hanging out in the nearby other tree when we are on the patio too close to the Woodie tree. I am on a mission to capture him on film yet don't wish to scare him, being convinced that he is indeed the Woodie baby and is therefore new to this world and shy. Last night Hamilton the Giant was sitting under the Woodie tree, looking up way too interestedly at the holes therein; I squirted him with the hose and hope I've taught him a permanent lesson, though of course I haven't, as his brain is the size of a walnut and he will have forgotten his soaking about 5 minutes after receiving it. Bah.

No comments: