Thursday, April 07, 2011

Loretta's New Area

The Lewis family gave me a "Knockout" rosebush to plant on top of Loretta. It just bloomed and it is indeed a knockout! The same kind of rose is planted on top of their little cat Lucy, who died just 4 days before Loretta. The Lewises were special friends of Lo; Jeannie knew her almost as long as I did.

Jeannie also made the lovely mosaic tile. Later on I'll take away most of the stones, but for now I'm making sure that no dogs or anything else dig up my little cat.





Above is the after; below is the before. The long hard freeze this winter killed off most of what was planted there and it needed a good makeover anyway. Hamilton doesn't know what all the fuss is about; he's just into the new catmint plant.




2 comments:

Mya.L said...

What a lovely place for Loretta to rest.

Kaila said...

It is a very peaceful place now.