Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Aunt Joyce


My Aunt Joyce, aged 90, longtime resident of London, died today. This photo of her as a child, taken by my grandfather, seems particularly appropriate; she was deeply religious all her life.
















She trained as a nurse & served in Burma during World War II. In later years she was head nurse at Mile End Hospital, where she spent her last many weeks. I don't know exactly when or where this photo was taken, but clearly she was rising in the ranks!







This is in Cornwall in the 1920s (again by my grandfather). Joyce is on the left, my Uncle Teddy on the right; I don't know the little boy in the middle. Teddy was a pilot in the RAF and died in WWII.

Oh, the bloom of youth! Here's to you, Aunt Joyce.

1 comment:

Mya.L said...

It's fab to have family photos like that to remember someone.