Monday, June 23, 2008

So Much Goings-on This Weekend


This morning (Monday) was another new, never-seen-before (here) bird: a redwinged blackbird at the feeders. He flew to the ground when I came back with the camera. Sigh; my kodak-moment-proficiency is definitely regressing lately.




And over the weekend:

I've seen the bunting again several times, and apparently it's not a baby, they are just very small birds. Finch-sized. I've seen its mate as well. Though less flashy, she's also quite beautiful.

My neighbor heard a giant cat roar/growl Friday afternoon somewhere between her house and mine. I have since learned that apparently there is a mountain lion known to live in this area. "He waters at the Pedernales," another neighbor said casually. !!

I saw the bobwhite right outside the bedroom door!

I saw the interloper bird from last spring/summer whom I still have not identified.

I have identified lots of my spider photos, thanks to my dad's bday gift of a Texas spiders book.

I saw another kind of woodpecker and almost got sort of perhaps identifiable photos of its head.

I saw the giant bug that I've been tracking for four years! It is purple and its wings are golden; it's huge; it flies around with its back legs hanging down; and I always see it in the area out back. Last year I did not see it at all. This evening I ran for the camera but by the time I got outside, it was gone...

No comments: