Sunday, June 01, 2008

Cat Bite


Hamilton the Giant bit me Thursday at midnight, a fierce bite that broke the skin in two places. See his jaws and teeth, above, and his softball-sized head. Despite the immediate thorough cleaning I gave the wounds, I woke up at 6 a.m. Friday with my arm red, swollen and quite painful, so I went to the ER. I am still one-handed and infected, though I am happy to say that it is on the mend. Mrs Brown, here is one for your new hand collection! It was taken this morning; it's not nearly as gruesome as it was 24 hours ago. Wish I'd thought to take a photo then, but I was languishing.


2 comments:

Ângela said...

Wish you get well soon!
And to your cat, it deserves a punishment... No food for one day!

Kaila said...

Telling Hamilton not to eat is like telling the wind not to blow. If we don't feed him, he will just go outside and get his fill of wildlife. It's sad, really. But I appreciate the sentiment, Angela, and I am healing nicely; all that's left are the puncture wounds and some bruises. Did I mention that his head is the size of a softball?