Thursday, April 05, 2012

Wicked Weeds

That's their polite name. Mofo weeds is their impolite name. Some of them are, I kid you not, 20 feet tall; these are little baby ones. Their roots grow perpendicular to the plant stem & are at least half as long as the stems. Cutting them down is a temporary & somewhat futile measure, as 10 new shoots will grow out of one stem that's been cut. They're usually too difficult to pull up, so I do chop them, but the ground is so wet right now that I've been able to pull up a lot of the smaller ones lately. I HATE THIS PLANT. It isn't native to the US; it was imported as an ornamental plant by some idiot whom I hope is now rotting in hell. Ha! I didn't realize I had this much to say about them; I must hate them, indeed. 

That is a knee-high boot there. I chopped and/or pulled up dozens of these yesterday, & last weekend, & the weekend before, & last year, & et cetera, ad nauseum; and dozens more await. As god is my witness, I swear that one day our property will be free of them. Free! FREE!!



No comments: