Friday, October 30, 2009

Gretchen, I Found Out About the Butterflies


On Thursday October 15th a giant cloud of butterflies descended upon Austin; Gretchen and I saw them in different areas as we made our separate ways to our lunch date. I've never seen anything like it before; the entire sky was full of butterflies! I asked my mother the next day if she'd seen them; she hadn't, but showed me this article from the local paper that explains that they were snout butterflies on the hunt for food.


On Saturday I saw more of them, though much fewer in number overall, along RR12 and in Dripping Springs.




On Sunday, we had our own private little cloud of them in our meadow; they were going mad over just this one plant (though there are others like it nearby, and dozens of flowers are in bloom right now). It was beautiful and strange!

1 comment:

Gretchen Otto said...

Wow, a blog post for me! Thanks for solving the mystery.
-G