Thursday, August 06, 2009

Holy Giant Green Katydid-like Thing from Outer Space with Abdomen Made of Baby Corn, Batman!


As it first appeared to me on the outside as I was heading from the inside for the outdoor shower at 11 p.m. or so!


Its mouth! Or so it would like us to think...


Its crazy podded foreleg and foot!


Its kind of sweet little face...if you are not something it wants to eat!


Its abdomen that looks just like baby corn!


Its giant self with its ovipositor that indicates that it is a female! I got that info from What's That Bug which also says that it's a predatory species and may bite and draw blood, and that it's a Red Eyed Devil, also known as the Greater Arid-Land Katydid. It really is quite spectacular, and it also did quite look as though it might bite me when I put my finger next to it for scale. That photo not shown here....maybe tomorrow...must go to sleep now...but where is my bed? And what is that giant pod thing?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1 comment:

Mya.L said...

Scary!