Sunday, November 09, 2008

Oh Loretta


Loretta is 15-1/2 years old. Last Saturday night she suddenly started walking very oddly—she doesn't have much control in the back area. After a couple of visits to the vet and diagnostic clinic, and a cat CAT scan, they think that she has a blood clot in her spinal cord. There is not really anything that can be done besides keeping her comfortable and pain-free. It might get better, it might stay the same, it might get worse.


She is shaved under her chin on her neck where they drew blood and her arm is shaved where she had an IV inserted.


You don't realize how skinny their little limbs are until you see them shaven (or wet, as Hugh pointed out). Oh Loretta! How I love you!

4 comments:

Ângela said...

I understand what are you going thru.
It's family.
She has been there for a long, long time, and we don't think that she migth die...
I hope she gets better.

Kaila said...

Hi Angela, thank you for your good wishes. I remember you mentioning your mother's cat earlier this year, or was it last year? I will keep you posted on how things go. -K-

Ângela said...

Yes, I told you that last year. My mother lost her 2 cats in the end of 2006.
It was the first thing I remembered when I read this post...
I miss them...

Kaila said...

Here's to all our past beloved cats. We humans live so much longer than they do...