Sunday, March 02, 2008

Stung On The Bosom By A Giant Red Wasp!

Or, Ouch! WTF?!?

Limited photos only. ;-)

I had seen earlier in the day that two or three giant red wasps were in the big room, but they were too high up for me to catch and release, so I did nothing. Later, while I was preparing dinner, one of them was in the light fixture over the sink, again unreachable. Unbeknownst to me was that another had settled on the bag of spinach, to be revealed only when I grabbed said bag and clasped it to me in the process of opening it. Suddenly, fire on the right! Never before have I been stung in such a delicate place!! I applied Benadryl cream and took a pill too, and having already had a glass of wine or two, have only just arisen from the drug-induced sleep that followed. I seem none the worse for wear today—a little tender, but otherwise all right.

The wasp in the photo is the kin of the guilty party. He is still high upon a window, out of reach. Today I will examine things that get close to my body before they get that close...

No comments: